Skip to main content

Full text of "Emails between Donald Duckworth and LA City re Westchester BID 2015"

See other formats

Grimala Conference Call Follow Up - Nov 19, 2015

Subject: Grimala Conference Call Follow Up - Nov 19, 2015
From: Donald Duckworth <duckworth.donald@gmail.com>

Date: 12/12/2015 09:01 PM

To: Steve Ruiz <25584@LAPD.Iacity.org>

CC: Beatrice Grimala <Beatrice.Grimala@lapd.lacity.org>, Nicole Alberca
<nicole.alberca@lapd.lacity.org>

BCC: Donald R Duckworth <duckworth.donald@gmail.com>, "LC (Elsie) Lopez"
<elsie2lopez@gmail.com>, Mia Johnstone <miajphoto@yahoo.com>

Good Morning Steve (assuming you're receiving this Monday morning, December
14)...

As the Executive Director of the Westchester Town Center Business Improvement
District (BID), I was involved in Deputy Chief Grimala's conference calls of
November 19 and December 3. In follow-up to her suggestions and after
discussion with several of our BID Board members, we would like to facilitate /
host a meeting of the biggest potential terrorism "soft targets" we see in our
area, excluding Los Angeles World Airways and The Gateway to L.A. (Century
Corridor) area, although we would propose to invite their representatives for
coordination purposes. It's our thought that LAPD should provide the "program"
for this meeting in the same vein as Grimala's briefing on November 19. The
purpose of the meeting would be to share information and to initiate emergency
prevention and planning efforts.

This email is written to request a couple of alternative dates in January that work
for LAPD. The BID will distribute invitations and meeting accommodations.

We're thinking about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour time slot.

Our list if invitees includes the following:

- Westchester BID

- Drollinger Properties

- CBRE / "Super Block" (Kohl's, Trader Joe's, etc.)

- Westchester Medical Center (10 story building @ Sepulveda & Manchester)

- Fritz Burns Building (multi story building @ La Tijera & Manchester)

- YMCA (8015 S. Sepulveda)

- Westchester Lutheran School (7830 S. Sepulveda)

- Howard Hughes Center

- America West (?) Apartments @ Lincoln & Westchester Parkway

- Otis College

- Custom Hotel

- Decron Properties (large apartments @ Lincoln & Manchester)

- LMU

- Neighborhood Council

- Chamber of Commerce

- LAWA Representatives (per LAPD)

- The Gateway to L.A. BID (Laurie Hughes)

l of 2

08/15/2018 09:42 AM

Grimala Conference Call Follow Up - Nov 19, 2015

- Others as appropriate
Please let us know your thoughts. Thank you.

2 of 2

08/15/2018 09:42 AM